CALL FOR PAPERS
Ontologies and Logic Programming for Query Answering
The second edition of this international workshop is affiliated with the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-2016, http://ijcai-16.org) and
will take place in New York, USA, July 11th, 2016 .
The aim of this workshop is to bridge knowledge representation and reasoning in artificial intelligence and web of knowledge communities in order to encourage the emergence of new solutions for reasoning with lightweight ontologies.
- Query answering while taking ontologies into account.
- Non monotonic reasoning for inconsistency handling and exception handling and expressing default negations in ontologies.
Concerning the first point, a challenging issue is how to adapt or extend Answer Set Programming to represent ontological knowledge. In particular, can (a fragment of) ASP cover lightweight ontological languages while keeping decidability and efficiency?
Concerning the second point, a challenging issue is how to extend lightweight ontological languages with non-monotonic features, while keeping a good computational complexity. In particular,
- how to embed exceptions-based and inconsistency tolerant-based reasoning in a tractable ontological language?
- how to integrate uncertainty information in lightweight ontological languages?
- how to define merging operations where both inputs and outputs are in lightweight ontological languages?
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Reasoning with lightweight ontologies
- Reasoning with tractable fragments of OWL languages
- Belief change & tractable Description logics
- Reasoning on the web of data
- Ontology-based data-access
- Ontological query answering
- Belief change & ASP
- Datalog+/- & existential rules
- ASP & description logics
- ASP & uncertainty
- First-order ASP
The workshop is expected to bring together people from different
research communities that are actively pursuing this line of
The authors should submit their paper via EasyChair:
We expect submissions of both mature and preliminary works. Long papers will not exeed 8 pages and short papers will not exceed 4 pages in pdf formatted using the AAAI style according to the instructions at http://www.aaai.org/Publications/Author/author.php
In both cases, all papers will be peer-reviewed.
- Paper submission deadline: May 3, 2016.
New deadlines :
Abstract submission deadline: as soon as possible,
Paper submission deadline: May 23rd, 2016.
- Notification of acceptance: June 7, 2016
- Deadline for final camera ready copy: June 17, 2016
- Workshop date: July 11, 2016
- Jean-François Baget (INRIA, Montpellier, France)
- David Carral (Wright State University, Dayton, U.S.A.)
- Madalina Croitoru (University of Montpellier 2, France)
- Jim Delgrande (Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada)
- Thomas Eiter (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Eduardo Fermé (University of Madeira, Portugal)
- Sergio Alejandro Gomez (Universidad Nacional del Sur Alem, Argentina)
- Fabio Grandi (University of Bologna, Italy)
- Amanda Hicks (University of Florida, U.S.A.)
- Gabriele Kern-Isberner (University of Dortmund, Germany)
- Matthis Knorr (New University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- Sylvain Lagrue (University of Artois, France)
- Claire Lefèvre (University of Angers, France)
- Joao Leite (New University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- Thomas Lukasiewicz (University of Oxford, U.K.)
- Robert E. Mercer (University of Western Ontario, Canada)
- Thomas Meyer (University of Cape Town, South Africa)
- Farid Nouioua (Aix Marseille University, France)
- Guilin Qi (Southeast University, China)
- Vincent Risch (Aix Marseille University, France)
- Marie-Christine Rousset (University of Grenoble, France)
- Torsten Schaub (University of Potsdam, Germany)
- Steven Schockaert (Cardiff University. U.K.)
- Guillermo Simari (University Bahia blanca, Argentina)
- Igor Stephan (University of Angers, France)
- Umberto Straccia (CNR, Pisa, Italy)
- Karim Tabia (University of Artois, France)
- Stefan Woltran (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Eric Würbel (University of Toulon, France)
- Odile Papini, Aix Marseille University, LSIS, France
- Salem Benferhat, University of Artois, CRIL France.
- Laurent Garcia, University of Angers, LERIA, France.
- Marie-Laure Mugnier, University of Montpellier 2, LIRMM, France.
Contact Odile Papini, email@example.com
This workshop receives support from ANR (French National Research Agency),
(http://www.agence-nationale-recherche.fr/) ASPIQ project reference ANR-12-BS02-0003.(http://aspiq.lsis.org/)